Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sales Meeting Hangover

I just got back from a sales meeting. Sales people can barely sit through a two day lockdown without reverting back to juvenile behavior. We eat too many snacks, go to the bathroom excessively and throw objects at one another. When I first got to the meeting I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack. I thought I would become exposed as the fraud I often feel like. Then I figured out how to funnel 5% of my experience at work into 95% of the content of the meeting to show I know what I'm talking about, and what I'm doing. Now that the meeting is over I'm suffering an energy hangover. I don't have anything inspirational left inside. I forget who I am during sales meetings. I have to convince this small universe I'm on top of the world, for a couple days. If you manage meetings well, people leave you alone, where you spend 95% of your working life.

No comments:

Post a Comment